How has the COVID-19 pandemic impacted Regulatory professionals?
Last week I had the pleasure of chairing a Regulatory Managers panel discussion where we discussed this topic.
How many of these key messages resonate with you?
- The U in VUCA– be comfortable with a level of Uncertainty as Uncertainty is unavoidable – in fact, one can even say it is . . . certain.
- The importance of self-awareness as leaders – knowing your go-to habits or behaviours and also knowing how to adapt to lead effectively at this time.
- It IS possible to connect well with team members and colleagues who are now working remotely – it may mean you need to encourage conversations which go beyond the simple task-based check-in.
- Focus on what is within your control, and keep doing it well – being agile and collaborative, for example, is an attitude we all can choose to hold.
- Professional development – may be propelled for some, for others it may have stagnated . . . for now.
- Well-being – create an environment which encourages individuals to speak up when they need help.
- Be-ing well – these days, separation of work from non-work is more of a challenge for many.
- Video conferencing comedies – pets, children, neighbouring construction work… can be both fun and funny.
- Camera conundrums – camera on? camera off? Be flexible.
- Practicalities– embrace enabling technology and ensure you have an office-from-home set-up which facilitates working at your best.
A special thanks to panellists Helen Critchley, Liz Joshi, Geraldine Storton and Jo Turner for sharing their insights and tips with the conference attendees.
And congratulations to ARCS for bringing together a great virtual conference.
Interested in on-line Regulatory training or mentoring from an experienced leader? Check out the Enimera RegsPlus Learner Leader Modules in Regulatory Affairs